Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rain, Snow, What the hell?

I've been working on Petfinders for the rescue for the past two days so forgive the absence.  I don't know that I feel totally better about that whole situation but I'm willing to let it go and see where this road takes me.  I was supposed to take my foster to an adoption event this weekend but I have family coming in to visit so I'm not sure if that will happen.  I'm hoping we have some dogs going on Sunday, that way she can get some experience. 

When I woke up from a nap with Jasmine, it was in the fifties and raining with thunderstorms.  Four hours after that, there was a windchill of -4 and blowing/drifting snow.  That's winter in Indiana for you.  They always say if you don't like the weather here, wait ten minutes.  We have wind gusts of 50mph and earlier we had blizzard like conditions with the blowing snow and all the rain we had earlier freezing.  I can't wait till summer.  My dogs can't wait till summer.  My poor doberman runs around outside to go potty like he's walking on hot coals.  They want to play frisbee and go to the beach, not sit indoors doing nothing all day. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pickles hates the rain and ice. Give her snow and she's in heaven. Me? I just want to be warm....(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

-4 sounds horrible!!!  We are having high winds too but it isn't that cold (45).  I'm happy to hear you aren't as upset now as you were the other day.  
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do believe cabin fever is really setting in around here. The winter time is never my best time. The animals are cranky that are outside because it is miserable, wet and cold, the animals inside are cranky cause they cant be outside. I just want warm and sunshine, come on Spring!