Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Why oh Why do good dogs die?

He has eight days to live.  Why is it that I can't seem to stop looking at these dogs?  He is Ohio, and is an Aussie/Border Collie mix with one blue eye.  I look at him and think how he could've been August.  She was found in a pound with her little tail wiggling.  It's like he's looking right into my eyes, saying please, don't let this happen to me.  Please, don't let me die, knowing I did nothing to deserve this.  Don't let my life end at six months.  I can't help but wonder what these dogs would be like if they were given a chance to live in a home and loved.  Would he wiggle at the door when you came home?  Chase frisbees for hours?  Would he want to sleep next you every night just to be near you?  I wish I had room for all of them.  It's so hard for me to look at him and KNOW that I can't do anything for him.  If I was rich, I would try to do something for as many as I could.  But I'm not so all I can do is watch as his days count down to none and know that a good dog isn't going to get his second chance.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't get the picture to come up ~ you are killing me here though.  I think the same way you do and wonder what they would be like in a loving, stable home.  It is heartbreaking and I Pray one day we won't have to deal with this if people get on the ball and start to spay & neuter their animals.
Lisa